As I'm doing my business, he opens the bathroom cabinet, and takes out the large box of tampons. He enjoys playing with it, taking them out and putting them back in.
Well, this time he walked out of the bathroom to the living room. Next thing I hear?
"Oh, BOY!"
You can guess what happened. The entire box of tampons got dumped on the living room floor. As I walked out to assess the damage, here comes my little munchkin with two fistfuls of tampons and a grin from ear to ear.
I tried cleaning up, got about half the tampons back in the box when Ant took it again and dumped it in the kitchen this time. I wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous weather and go down to the park, so just decided to leave it for later.
When we returned from our jaunt, it was time to make lunch. I planned to make asparagus pasta. As I was cooking I was keeping an eye on him, but pretty much let him do what he wanted to - which includes going into the pantry cupboard. He does this quite often, likes to take out things like his box of raisins and oatmeal, and putter around with them. Which is what he proceeded to do.
Until I turned my back to pour the boiling water out of the pasta. At which point he said "Cheewios!"... and then "Oh, no!". That is *never* a good thing to hear!
I put the pasta back down on the stove and turned to see the damage. Oh, no indeed. The whole bag of cheerios was also dumped on the floor!
So here are some views of the damage from hurricane Antony. First, the living room. Not so bad.

Next, two views of the kitchen from opposite sides. You can see the tampons, cheerios, and other assorted sundries that came out to play. Including the vacuum cleaner which Ant is totally enamoured of at the moment.


Finally, to be fair, a view of the island when I was done making lunch. Hurricane Mom came to visit too!
4 comments:
I love that you also showed your own mess.
Great to see how much he enjoys exploring. Now you just need to teach him to USE the vacuum.
that's funny! well, except that you had to clean it up.
I've been meaning to say something about this when you posted.
I ~demand~ my privacy in the bathroom. WIth a 2 and 3 year old, that is my only ME time. I don't care if they pound the door the entire time! :) I'm not letting them in. You may want to start now, before you double your fun!
Cute story by the way!
I'm tellin' ya, we lead parallel lives! I am SO relieve to hear that another boy is as into the Tampax as Tiny Boy. He loves to dump them on the bathroom floor while I shower, then gleefully wave fistfuls when I emerge (extra bonus points to successfully avoid them while dripping wet!).
And the cereal... OMG he's driving me nuts. I'm beginning to regret my choice to not baby-proof every single cabinet. I figured some things I could deal with, give the boy SOME fun after all. I *love* that you shared those pix. It makes me feel so much better knowing that I'm not alone in our daily adventures.
Post a Comment